The 4. C’s
- Cut– The cut decides the amount of brilliance or sparkle. The better the cut the more expensive.
- Clarity– Amount of imperfections in a diamond, the more flawless the diamond the more expensive it is.
- Carat Weight– the size of the diamond. The higher the carat weight the more expensive.
- Color– The presence or lack of color in the diamond – starting with a scale of perfectly white D, to Z. The prices are highest at D and then get lower depending how much color is in the stone.
In order to keep the costs down, you can compensate one attribute for another for example, a 3 carat L color stone can cost as much as a D flawless 1.5 carat stone.
3. Warranty – Does The ring have a warranty?
All Henri Daussi rings come with a three year warranty. A warranty is very important because it means that the brand is accountable for its product. Many of our retailers offer their own warranty on top of ours. Find the list of retailers here: Henri Daussi Retailers
4. Are the diamonds conflict free?
No one wants to be party to the illegal diamond trade and the only way to know that you are not is to make sure the diamond comes with the Kimberley Certificate. More info here: https://www.kimberleyprocess.com/en/about
5. Ask to see the diamond certification.
Certified diamonds are inspected by a gemologist using a microscope. They are graded on color, clarity, carat weight and cut. There are many organizations out there offering “certified diamonds” but GIA, The Gemological Institute of America is the only one considered universally accepted. If it is certified by another agency, the buyer should be extra careful and make sure a trusted jeweler examines the stone.
It takes several years and certifications to become an expert in diamonds. For most, internet research won’t be enough to qualify a diamond as an expert would. That is why it is especially important to buy a diamond from a reputable retailer. We are proud to work with jewelers who are the trusted source for their communities. To find a Henri Daussi retailer: Henri Daussi Retailers